Thursday, August 21, 2008

Still Quilting!

Just to show you I am still doing quilty things, here are a few pics. Above, part of a secret project and that is all you are going to see! Below I finally put a label on my "Picnic" quilt. I cut out the flower from the fabric that I used on the binding and appliqued it on as my label, added a few green french knots for interest in the center.


I have been hand quilting my Robin Pandolph applique piece and it is getting close to being done! I am using ecru perle cotton 12; it adds a shine that I like. First I quilted around the stuff in the centre and now I am making a grid pattern in the background.


Next I will have to start making sleeves for the backs of my quilts to get ready for our guild Harvest of Quilts Show in October. A kind of boring job that has to be done.

3 comments:

Clare said...

I love that star. After I've finished my pink and white ones I think I might go on to pink and blues.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Lovely star!

Carol E. said...

My gosh, I love everything you showed us.