Sunday, April 18, 2010

My Monthly post!

I must be busy, I am only posting once a month! Above another row in the row robin done! That is our final row, next month we will receive our original row, plus the others back and then we have to put them all together! Exciting! We'll have over the summer to complete the top and hopefully have it done for our October 2010 Harvest of Quilts Show. I have also completed the Guild London Challenge, but cannot reveal until after the May guild meeting.


I have completed the top for my cousin's baby quilt. I hope to start machine quilting it this weekend.


While twiddling my thumbs between quilting projects, I remembered that I was working on Lazy Gal's Liberated Amish Quilt Get Together Challenge... I added my initials and the date and declared it finished! I really love this block! I love how the yellow pops, and the little bit of batik I used! I love how the initials, although big and bold really just fade to the background. I feel satisfied every time I look at it...I like how I took something real precise and liberated it!




7 comments:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Oh, I love the liberated quilt! And the kittens, too

Quilt Rat said...

I am liking that "row"!!!! even though I know it won't be coming to me :-(
Can hardly wait to see what everyone has done.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your liberated Amish quilt is very "you". Maybe someday, you could give me a lesson... I am sure the owner of the cat row will be very pleased!

Cher said...

yes, your liberated quilt is wonderful..you should be happy with it !

Tonya Ricucci said...

would be really fun to see a whole quilt done with your Plaidtastic blocks. Meanwhile, congrats - this one is so fun!

YankeeQuilter said...

I need to get back to my liberated blocks...didn't T give a us a June deadline? yikes....

XUE said...

I love your baby quilt & the liberated quilt you have made! I tend to make modern quilts since they are more forgiving when I make mistakes in matching up seams. Happy Tuesday from Tokyo!