Last year I promised a friend that I would make a comic book quilt for her daughter that was born last year....I had some liberated comic book logos (and here) I had made a few years ago and not made into a quilt, this would be a great excuse to finish it....well, no way could I think of how to put it all together. So I ended up making up an entirely different quilt then I intended.
I started with the green lantern block and then I made more in the same colours of the Green Lantern Brightest Day/Blackest Night Rings. I was almost tempted to make each of the different symbols, but decided that was too much for my brain to figure out!
Using up only scraps I foundation pieced the rainbow squares and eventually settled on this layout.
Quilting it was the next challenge and the hardest part of making this quilt! I struggled with the machine, I ripped out lots of stitches, and even broke a few needles. I discovered new meaning to quantitative easing!
As for my other superhero quilt....I've finally got some new ideas...maybe for next year.