Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sewing Day!


I finally got together with some friends and spend the day sewing! I have not had many chances to participate in any guild activities, either, I have been so busy at work lately. Gail hosted and the three C's (Christine, Cathy and Carol) supplied some potluck food for lunch.

Remember these luscious reds? I finally got a chance to work on them!


I had all those fat quarters cut into rectangles 4.75 x6.75 and sorted into pairs. I would take a pair and then make 4 random slices through them and then alternate the colours and then sew them together. Then I would trim them down to 4.5 inches square. I completed 40 of them and still have about 14 more to go. I am thinking of making a table runner out of it....we shall see.


1 comment:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your new table topper is shaping up nicely! Love the reds! Thanks for coming to sew...we will all have to get together to sew again soon.