Friday, August 02, 2013

Hawaiian Punch Label attached!





Yep! it is all bound and label attached, ready for presentation on Sunday! For the label I used Avery's Printable Fabric sheets, that I bought at Staples. They printed up real nice but they did not stick fully when I tried ironing it on....I must remember to make the label before quilting next time.! and it is pretty thick to hand stitch the sides on for extra protection....so I came up with the idea to frame it in fabric and iron it on in the middle and applique the "frame" on. I really like the results! I also created a QR code that will bring you back to all my posts on my blog about the quilt, a sort of unique copyright protection. I am going to design a card with a hardcopy of the QR code in case the label becomes worn after washings.





I would like to thank Cathy Shepherd from Eagles Wings Quilts for the lovely job of machine quilting! Click on the above link and you can read about the machine quilting on her blog.


1 comment:

Quilt Rat said...

For the image transfer to work properly, you need to be pressing on a very firm surface. I place a wooden shelf inside a pillow case (even an ironing board has too much "give")
The label looks good from what I can see.....what did you not like about the result?

Will we see the front of this quilt after Sunday?