Saturday, July 05, 2014

Orange Crush!

It's been awhile since I posted, I seem to be missing my quilting mojo! But this usually happens at this time of year, my sewing room is too hot in the summer and there is a lot of gardening to do instead and one trip to Calgary in between.

Still I have made some progress on a few things....Orange Crush (working title only, in honour of the Netherlands in the world cup), final design, 14x16 = 224 squares:



 I have sewed all my squares into strips....this is the tricky part, you do not want them to get mixed up.

I numbered each row with an arrow to tell me which direction to press the seams.

I would stack my squares and sew one pair together and do a leaders and enders project (1.5 inch random squares) in between, which worked out fine until I ran out of squares!



near the end I tried to chain piece two strips at a time, but soon it went wonky and had to do some seam ripping to finish.
All the strips are done, do not have photo as wind blew them off the wall and I have not put them back up, good thing they are numbered!

2 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I have a crush on your orange crush! Great design!

antique quilter said...

very fun! LOVE this quilt , I am becoming fond of orange. great name, always love seeing what your working on.
check out my postage stamp post, looks like your on your way with all those squares!
Kathie