Sunday, October 01, 2006

Keep On Quilting

I've started the handquilting on the Spike quilt, and I must say I really like it! Thanks Tonya , for the inspiration! I am doing her free fans around the outside and then I will outline Spike and then probably do full concentric circles in the middle (at least that's the plan). I don't have photos yet.

I have an idea for a remembrance day wall hanging. I think I will use Tonya's wonky letter for "lest we forget" with a big poppy in the middle, in fall or muted tones. I can see it my head. And I will also post some photos my Mom took of a Veteran's memorial dedication that took place in our city. They are very nice and I think moving photos. It is sad how fewer and fewer seem to take pause to remember their sacrifice, especially now that there are so few of them left.

1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Glad you're enjoying it - I love it too. Looking forward to seeing a pic of it. The poppy quilt sounds lovely too.