Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Shoplifters Saga continues...

Yeah. Well the second soandso (I'll call him Thing 2) came in the store on friday. double grrrr. First his 2 spotters came in. They weren't regulars and they had never been in a comic book store before, didn't know what they were looking for...a bad sign...I was going to ask him to leave his bag at the counter... I didn't trust him, then Thing 2 came in, right away I asked if I could help him and right away he was hostile."why did you ask me that for? there are other people here too" (????) Anyway I knew it was Thing 2, he too has tattoos all over him, I said "I want you to leave my store you've been asked to stay away." " No I haven't why do I have to leave?" "Are you soandso?" "no that's not me" (didn't fall for it this time, could he have been speaking to Thing 1?) "you match the description, please leave." "This is f****** g b******t", he says as he's leaving" don't be surprised if this place burns down" (???) " is that a threat?" and then he asks the other guys to leave with him (so they were together, it's the old distract the sales clerk while one of the other ones steals the stuff, grrrrrrrrrr.) I called the police (not 911) at around noon and didn't see an officer until 5:30 (!) Apparently a very busy day for them. Thing 1 and Thing 2 of course were in the police computers, 30 year old ne'er-do-wells, drug and alcohol dependancy, last known address: the men's mission...oh surprise. The officer said he would go there and see if they're there and serve them with a tresspassing ticket, but they probably won't be still there, which is probably why they didn't know they were banned from the store in the first place, the police can't find them. We have to catch them in the act...but of course the police say don't confront them, just call 911, they'd be gone by then.

So the good news is: no alarms went off in the middle of the night and our store is still standing!

No comments: