Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Perfect Weekend!

Finally, spring has arrived! In fact I think it skipped on to summer. Sunny and warm all weekend long! 22 degrees Celcius, absolutely gorgeous! I dragged my patio furniture from the basement, we barbecued hamburgers for dinner. I raked and cleaned up the garden. Went to Home Depot bought mulch for the garden, the only flowers for sale, though, are these little pansies:

I did divide some of my hostas and moved a clematis. It is really too early to do any major planting, we could still get frost. Rule of thumb, here, is to wait until Mother's Day or Victoria Day weekend (around May 24) for the first real planting. It's a little weird though, felt like summer, but not a single tree has any leaves yet!

Old Spike doesn't mind though!



I did manage a little work on my Robyn Pandolph applique this week. I was getting all psyched up to take this work to a Stitch 'n Bitch next weekend, so I was pulling out everything I needed, when I just started working on it, anyway.


I am still having trouble with a nice sharp point. It's a good thing they're hidden under the centre circle.


I've picked up a few new quilting magazines: Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting, Quilting Arts and $100,000 Quilting Challenge. I am so inspired by all of them. In Quilting Challenge, I was inspired by 'Common Threads' by Valli Schiller...I like how her patchwork border meets with her meandering bias strips. I'd like to do that with the Robyn wallhanging....Quilting Arts magazine features a stunning sea horse applique on the cover....and from the Fons and Porter, I really have to try a Mariner's Compass block one of these days.... so little time, sigh.

Well, just letting you know that I am going to be awfully busy in the next two weeks, not sure if I'll have time to post.

4 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Your applique is coming along nicely and aren't pansies the next best thing after tulips?

sewnut said...

I am really loving your Robyn Pandolph piece. I found the best flats of beautiful pansies at Costco, great colours.

Kairle Oaks said...

You're right...it sounds like a perfect weekend, especially grilling hamburgers! YUM!

YankeeQuilter said...

So love Robyn Pandolph...the red gingham is perfect in those flowers!