Tuesday, August 28, 2007

T-Shirt Totes

Another quick post, as I still don't have internet from my computer, and I have to share with hubby at home. Here are some tote bags I made from my husband's old t-shirts. Since they are comic book characters, I am selling them at my store. I've already sold the Death one, within a week of putting them out for display!

The first pic shows Shade the Changing Man and the back of the other tote:


The second pic shows DC/Vertigo's Death as drawn by Chris Bachalo (one of my favourite versions of Death) on the left and Shade on the right. I am not sure, but Bachalo may have done the Shade art as well, although the signature is different, it just says "Christopher".


And remember those hand pieced triangles I was working on? They've graduated into blocks! They're a little wonky, but I love them! I am thinking a wall hanging or a doll quilt. We'll see how many I can make.


I did manage to finish off some quilts, while I was away on holidays, but I haven't photographed them yet....so, hopefully, next post.

3 comments:

Donna said...

what a great way of using old Tshirts with special fronts...

jovaliquilts said...

Just came here from Tonya's class. Love those bags!! My sister is shipping me two boxes of her husband's old T-shirts to make into a quilt, and now I'll see if they want a tote or two. Great idea!

Carol E. said...

T-shirt totes! What a great idea! Of course I read this right AFTER donating a bunch of my son's old t-shirts to Goodwill.. darn. I can see why you love your triangles. I do, too!