There it is, the top is fused! I stayed up to midnight on Thursday working on it, I was a bit obsessed, and then I finished ironing it up Friday. I didn't have any good quantity of black, that is actually a navy blue with a black print on top, and the cats are also a blue with a black print, just a slight shade lighter. I know it might not show up that way in the photo. I think you have to be 12 inches away to see the print at all; it is that dark. I added some more birds, giving it a bit of an Alfred Hitchcock feel, also the birds flying are like in the movies when a gunshot is heard but all they show is the birds flying away.
I like the quickness of using the heat and bond, but now I hate the next part, machine stitching it all down.