Friday, January 22, 2010

A hint of things to come!

Well here is my row for our guild's first row robin...a few liberated baskets.



Below is a peak at a present I am making, and to kill 2 birds with one stone, it will also work for my calendar challenge...My calendar challenge started with words in a hat and make a small, roughly 12x12 inch piece from those words...but I have too much on my plate to do that on a regular basis...so any original piece I make that is that size will do...

Anyway, this is a gift for creator Jeff Lemire who will be doing a signing at our store in February...it is an applique piece based on the cover of his comic Sweet Tooth #1 and the crow in his Essex County Trilogy. Why a wallhanging? Well, there is a character that quilts in his Essex County book so I am hoping he will appreciate the gesture, and I had this red plaid that shouts out "Gus!"






I am so looking forward to his visit to our store, I think Essex County is The Great Canadian Graphic Novel!

5 comments:

Clare said...

Where did you get the plaid from? I'm got exactly the same in my stash.

I hope he enjoys his quilt. It's lovely.

Tonya Ricucci said...

ooh beautiful plaid and fun bird. great baskets too. glad you're getting a chance to quilt and have fun!

Quilt Rat said...

oooooooo I can hardly wait to see this quilt.........will I get a chance before it is gifted? Love those hand stitches.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a beautiful bird on the adorable plaid. I look forward to seeing the whole thing.

Quilter Kathy said...

You are one of the group that is doing the row exchange? Sounds like a lot of fun!