Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summer hand piecing


My sewing room is too hot in the summer, so I like to have some hand work to do. I received a whole bag of pre-cut plaid strips at a retreat, but have not done anything with them. 

I chose Bonnie Hunter's Nifty Thrifty from Scraps & Shirttails. I've adjusted the size to what I have on hand. I pre-cut my squares and away I go. One block takes an hour or so, just the time between supper and movie....there is no hurry for this project it takes as long as it takes, I will get it done whenever, and eventually it will be a gift or charity quilt.





3 comments:

Cher said...

I like the fabrics and colors you are using for this hand project-looks very relaxing!

Dena said...

Sounds like a relaxing project and easy to take along when you need something to pass along the time.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Exce6llent protect! I haven't hand pieced in such a long time..you may just inspire me! Pa great fabric choices, too~