Friday, October 24, 2008

BIQR: It's a wrap!



I almost forgot to show a pic of my floor scrap quilt! I am quite pleased with it. I've got a couple of raw edges happening, which I think gives it some interest. I plan on doing some cool hand-quilting in the wide outer borders.

I almost forgot to tell you that Mary Jo got me a copy of Liberated Quiltmaking!!! Can you believe it? This book is out of print! but this girl she's got her connections I guess! I was so thrilled when I received it, that I had to make it my yearbook of the event. I got all the ladies at the retreat to sign it on the inside covers.....
and of course Gwen signed it too!

We went out for dinner to the Fish n Shanty with Gwen and MJ; excellent food! Apparently, new name, new owners, but the same chef!


It's time for the good-byes!



And the packing up!






Oh yes, and the mailing of a postcard to a Lazy friend in Paris, postmarked Elk Rapids, MI!




Anyway, that concludes my awesome experience at Gwen Marston's Beaver Island Quilt Retreat in Elk Rapids, Michigan. She's posted the dates for next year's retreat Mixing it up! Quilts that combine Piecing and Applique. Sign up now!!!! I highly recommend any of Gwen Marston's Retreats, because you get way more than you paid for! You learn so much!


3 comments:

Idaho Quilter said...

I'm so envious, thanks for sharing your experience.

Tonya Ricucci said...

ohmigoodness. I completely forgot to say Thank You, I got the postcard! So sad the pics are done, but wow, what a great experience - so happy you got to go!

Twisted Quilts said...

I went back and looked at all my pictures and relived my week at BIQR. It was honestly one of the most amazing weeks of my life. I love the floor scrap idea. I am saving every scrap now. Did you eat at Pearls?