Sunday, July 06, 2008

Another comic cover inspiration?


This cover just looked so quilty and I loved the colour combination. But rather than make an homage I just wanted to do something geometric with those colours. I sewed various widths of strips together and then sliced them:


rearranged them:

added some dark bits and sliced them again:

rearranged them again and then added some more white bits:



but now what? I am stuck, maybe I'll add more white around and add some silhouettes, like I did for this Wedding Anniversary postcard I made for the in-laws:


oh well, that's experimentation for you, sometimes it works and sometimes it leaves you scratching your head. lol

1 comment:

Donna said...

For what its worth I loved where your experiement was going until the very last step -- Don't know how I would have done it differently but the last addition of white "regularized" it into four distinct blocks for me and downplayed the interesting interplay I felt developing... But like an experiment its the doing that counts, not the ending :-)